1. Growing up – the mindset that it’s a foolish dream and was OK when you were younger but has no place at the ‘table’ of adults.
2. Doubt – thinking you have neither the skills nor the abilities to execute the dream.
3. Unbelief – who in their right mind would entrust such a dream into your care?
4. Procrastination – taking time to verify and question the dream when the reality is you are afraid to start the journey.
5. Lack of Vision – you may start but without direction, you easily veer off course.
6. Lack of a Plan – the devil is in the detail. You need a plan, call it a roadmap, that charts your course to the dream.
7. Perfectionism- waiting for everything to perfect or perfectly executed before you start – really a fear of failure.
8. Fear- the what-if-it-doesn’t-work-out thought which often succeeds in paralysing you.
9. Lack of delegation – thinking you have to accomplish every part of the dream yourself and then not doing anything because you are unable to do it yourself.
10. The size of the dream – focusing on the vision can be overwhelming and can lead you to abandon the dream entirely.